25 October 2007

Loose Ends

So Brad and I just got done with our Halo session tonight. I was surprised that I enjoyed it as much as I did. As the same with Gears, I think it was more of the Co-Op play that made me enjoy it than the compelling storyline or enthralling gameplay. I find it sad that cooperative play has been dwindled down to FPS and splinter cell.

Zach & Wiki for the Wii, I've been watching that game for months now. It looks very "kiddie" a word many gaming elite are so damn paranoid about. I'm about 85% sure I'll pick it up tomorrow after work. It's been getting good reviews which is not a lot of my quirky picks tend to pull off. More importantly this got me thinking to what games I should really be buying this holiday season and in the future. There's Galaxy that I must pick up. But then after that I honestly could pass on everything else. Rock Band sounds great but that's another 200ish bucks. If I had the money I'd try Mass Effect, Ratchet & Clank, and Assassin's Creed. Same goes for Guitar Hero III and a slew of games that I have reserved but still don't have the money to pick them up. But then I got to thinking. Even if I had the money, why would I pick them up? I don't physically have the time to play all these games. As much as I love games, I can't play them every second of the day. I don't want to either. I want to hang out with friends, exercise, work on other projects and hobbies. I've got so many games I don't know what to do with them. I could not buy another game for the next year and still have plenty to play. So I keep asking myself the question, why buy more? It's something that's really troubling me. I'll have to get back to you on that one for the answer....

David

**Oh yeah, after having a 360 since launch day, I've finally broken 1000 Gamer Score. Hooray.

No response to “Loose Ends”