21 October 2007

Another Sunday

Well it's been a fun week and a lot happened.

I finished Portal earlier this week when Brad was in town, thanks again for that. Portal was great. It's definitely on my top 20 and I want to finish the advance mode, but I don't know if I'm gonna go buy it just yet. I'm at the end of Phantom Hourglass and should be finished soon.

Brad and I have been rolling through Gears of War Co-Op online the last two nights. Overall I don't find the game too extremely fantastic, but there are just so few good Cooperative games that it's great just to be able to play it with someone online. The game is satisfying enough that we keep playing it after all the cheap one hit kill deaths and stupid split up missions. The game looks absolutely fantastic but the controls are still very clunky and at times frustrating. It's funny that it's almost a year later and I'm really just not sitting down with this game. We're somewhere in Act 4 and I should be able to finished it tonight. I like the game play quite a bit so it makes me not look forward to playing Halo 3.

I finally got paid this week so I've got a little cash to spend. I picked up a copy of Flash Focus for the DS because my eyes really suck and I'm curious to see how the vision based games will play. My import copy of Arcana Heart came in last night so I'm ready to pop it in and get my dose of cuteness overload.

I'm also getting excited about Guitar Hero III. I said a few months back that I was tired of the series and only looking forward to RockBand, but now that it's only a week away, I can feel the hype and excitement building up. I don't really care for the new songs. Most times songs chosen for music games are second choice, I'm guessing because the more well known songs by the artist would cost too much? Or maybe been overplayed? I'm actually more excited about GHIII because of the new guitar coming out with the bundle. It's a much better design than the crappy exploder. The buttons feel good and the strum bar seems like an absolute improvement. Plus I'll probably need another guitar for when RockBand comes out and it'd be nice to have different ones. I just hate that it's only going to come wired. That's major suckage right there.

I read recently that CheapyD, of cheapassgamer.com, and his wife had his first child. First of course congratulations. I went to his flickr site to look at pictures of his newborn and then I started browsing photos that he had taken in Japan. I came across one that make me really laugh so here it is. It's a picture of a sign from a the video game store AstroBit in Akihabara. [Link]

Yep, so in response to that video that Brad posted with Mario Galaxy and the cute girls that I'm supposed to be attracted to. They're not really my type. I like them younger.

Thanks
David

No response to “Another Sunday”