23 January 2008

Some Brad Catsup (edited version)

- I've been playing some Advance Wars DS. Not far enough in single player to give my opinions yet but I do have some general thoughts. Some things are shit and some thing are great. I've done about 10 missions and feel like I haven't even started the game yet. It has been easy as fuck and the game has no hard mode but i'll post deeper impressions when I play the online multiplayer player. Intelligent Systems claims that a lot of the changes made were to benefit multiplayer. So we shall see.

- Here is a game that could be pretty cool. It's a DS strat/rpg from Atlus and developed by Success. They develop a ton of games each year ranging from shit to pretty good. But the trailer has me curious at least... even if it does looks like a Fire Emblem rip off. She had me at "Customizable Skills."



- I love how Capcom's Hiroyuki Kobayashi has my back when it comes to downloadable content. I have always used the Devil May Cry or Resident Evil series when giving examples of how games used to do bonus content... through hard work and multiple play-throughs. Kobayashi has stated recently that there are no plans for downloadable content for Devil May Cry 4. Why? Because there is already a shit load of secret content to unlock on the disc. Fuck paying money... Earn that shit the hard way bitches.

- I laughed so hard when I saw this. Link What the hell are they doing? LOL I think Valve should actually sue their asses. I respect DICE and all... but this is ridiculous. I haven't seen a theft this bad since... well I guess Heavenly Sword.

- Download Undertow while you still can. Hopefully Nick, Travis, and David also get it so we can try it out online sometime. It actually got some pretty awesome scores, especially for a download game. Link

- I feel like this Burnout demo feature ended up like the 'Candy Lineup' from that episode of Seinfeld. Everyone was in there eating the Twix before it even got started. Yeah, I hated the single player demo too. There is a reason I wanted everyone to play online together. Online demos are awesome and they help show what playing the full version online could be like with friends. That and Criterion seems to be doing some truly revolutionary things with online play with this Burnout. Now everyone seems down on the game.

- David posted about how demos often manage to convince him not to buy a game and it made me think. Is that a bad thing? David has a lot of games that he probably never would have bought if he had tried them out first. Yet he seems to be against demos. If every game had a demo then yeah... there will be the demo that makes you not buy a game. But there will also be those demos that make you buy a game you were never expecting to like in the first place. And I love when that happens.

- Oh and this link is for David. This version of this game really is limited... so get on it if you are interested. Here Edit: Crap David... you better hurry. I tried to wake you up, hope you don't miss out. Oh my: "Up to 7 major characters that you can interact with and simulate a high school campus life. Depending on how you interact with these characters, the outcome of the game will change."




-Brad

No response to “Some Brad Catsup (edited version)”