06 January 2008

Any Objections?

I finally got around to finishing the second Phoenix Wright. I'll be completely honest and say that I had to look up one thing real quick. It was right before the ending and then the final choices were extremely easy. My real only complaint is that in their need to have a dramatic different ending to conclude the second game, they dragged out the last case far too long just like they did with the tacked on DS case in the first one. It's too bad the last case was tacked on or the first game would have been a lot higher on my list of best games. It's just a shame that they always try to make a dramatic turn of evens and then flash to everyone's reaction as if we didn't already know that someone was going to throw in an objection at the very last second.

**START SPOILER ALERT**
If you've beaten either of the first two Phoenix Wrights, I love how they kind of making the ending have a choice as well. I've gotten them all wrong and probably messed up on the best endings but I think it's a neat thing to throw in and can only be done in a game like this. Again my only problem is that sometimes the choices are way to vague and hence my crappiness at selecting the right ending.
**END SPOILER ALERT**

I love the Phoenix Wright characters. As annoying as they are at some times, I absolutely love them. They've grown to be a part of me and every time I play the game it makes me reflect on my life and the person I want to be. It's hard to say that about games. Many times video game characters are made out to be bad asses or heroes that have special powers or are larger than life. Some times they are villains but again they have something that makes them unique or something above normal humans. What I love about the Phoenix Wright series is that it's just having to do a lot with people. Much of the game has to do with relationships you make with people and also reflecting on the choices that you and others make. There's this kind of underlying moral lesson in all of the hoopla and it really hits home with me. I told myself a couple weeks ago that it'd be a while before I picked up another Phoenix Wright game, but I might just have to rethink that statement tonight. They've left a lot of things open after the second one. You're left wondering about the future of certain characters, future plots, and even future romances.

One thing to think about is that both Atsushi Inaba and Shinji Mikami had their hands in this as producer and director. It really shows that they're both big names in development and should get due credit.

Finally, Maggie Byrd, I confess my love to you.
David

No response to “Any Objections?”