14 January 2008

Roster Mania

Real quick, I wanted to touch on something I don't normally think about.... Fighting games. In our last show, I showed some interest in Street Fighter IV but this is a "maybe" at most. It got me thinking, what is it that make people so excited when a new Fighting Game is in development. Then I thought about Brawl and it hit me. Fighting games get something that most games don't, the ability to gradually increase hype due to their rosters. Think about it, Soul Caliber IV apparently has 32 characters in it, two of which were just revealed to be Darth Vader and Yoda. Super Smash Bros. has been building the hype machine for over a year and half now and are still adding new characters a month prior to its launch! These games get people excited because they can release the names and designs of its characters one at a time and can stretch them out over a period of several months! I think its really cool and now it kind of has me excited to see what they reveal next in Street Fighter IV. Anywho, that was my random thought for the day.

Peace!
Nick

No response to “Roster Mania”