24 September 2007

Things and Stuff and Whatnot

- I saw this and started to become worried for Nick and David this week. This is no joke either. I watched the 1up unboxing video and their disc had fallen off also.

- I can't stop playing Lumines 2. I'm progressing though Jeanne D'Arc too slowly (I need to beat before FFT comes out) because every time I pop in Lumines for a quick game I find myself playing for an hour or two. It's that urge to unlock new content that keeps me from putting it down. It's what this game gets right and what Puzzle League got wrong. At its core, I feel Puzzle League is still the better puzzle game, but Lumines manges to hook me like no puzzle game I have ever played before. Is this game ever going to run out of new skins to give me?

- I listened to the latest Nick and David podcast where they discussed how Square/Enix has been whoring out the Final Fantasy 7 license and how they think that it's pretty dumb. I 100% agreed until I watched this Crisis Core preview video on Gametrailers. I heard the FF7 battle theme, saw some materia, and proceeded to have a very large nerdgasm. Final Fantasy 7 may be overrated, but it is still a great game, and still one of my favorites ever. I'm upgrading my status on this title to "can't wait" now.

- I'm very close to beating Bioshock now I think. A pretty big "twist" has just occurred, so the game has to start winding down now. The story and atmosphere still manages to really grab me even this late in the game. Despite the recent turn of events, I'm still happily and guiltlessly killing every Little Sister I see. I can't wait to see what happens to meanies like me in the end.

- Square Enix isn't just brilliantly bringing back Parasite Eve and putting it on a cell phone, but they are also doing it with another cult hit from the PS1 era. WTF. Check the screenshots. They need to change their company name to EnixSquare because I can't believe anyone from Squaresoft of old is actually calling the shots.

- The new Super Dodge Ball for the DS is keeping the River City Ransom style character designs. Pretty awesome, but what we really need is a new River City Ransom. Here are some screens.

brad

No response to “Things and Stuff and Whatnot”