20 September 2007

Stop the Controversy!

I just saw a news bulletin talking about a new controversy concerning the upcoming next gen title "Army of Two" and it's opening cutscene which apparently depicts the Twin Towers falling and the two heroes (i.e... you) being called to action in response to the the tragic events of September 11, 2001. I personally haven't seen the scene but based on what I have heard, there is nothing really controversial about it but apparently they have offended someone out there, how, I don't understand. Personally, I think it's rediculous because the fact is that the Twin Towers were attacked six years ago and there is no denying it. It's part of our history and there is no reason why game developers shouldn't be allowed to portray history in their games as long as it doesn't insult the memory of those who died. No one seems to care everytime they make a World War 2 game, a war where thousands of Americans lost their lives but when a single scene depicts the terrorist attacks of 9/11, everyone seems to be in an uproar. I don't understand it and for the sake of freedom, I hope they don't give in and remove the scene from the game. If nothing else, the scene is a reminder to all of us of those events.

No response to “Stop the Controversy!”