06 September 2007

Sad Day in Gaming

This is indeed a sad day in gaming. Usually, when games are in development for years at a time, especially on a next generation system, they at the very least turn out to be mediocre. Im sad to say that Lair is so much less than Mediocre that I will be trading it in and not even taking the time to finish it. I made the decision last night when I decided to play it and get a bit further. Unfortunately I failed the same mission 4 times because the dragon would not go where I wanted, the objectives were not made clear and the means of accomplishing these objectives were not even explained! The graphics for the most part are incredibly disappointing and I absolutely cannot stand watching the cut scenes because of the ridiculous black shadow that surrounds the screen! When I can't even at least get into the story, the game is dead to me. So consider this my final review. I'm giving this game an F+. It was close to atleast being playable but it fell short of that with crappy animations, annoying effects, horrible controls. The one thing that I will say in a positive way is that I do appreciate what the developer was aiming for in terms of the six axis controls. The controls are actually kind of cool but the design of the rest of the game simply wasn't there to back it up so it fell apart in the end. So tomorrow, I will be trading the game back in along with my PSP in order to put the credit towards the new PSP redesign because I believe it will be a much smarter investment. Peace everyone.

One response to “Sad Day in Gaming”

David said...

My XB360 sends its regards and weeps for you.