21 September 2007

More TGS Highlights and Random Thoughts - Nick

Hey everyone, just an update on my highlights of the Tokyo Game Show and a few random thoughts and ideas about the future of this little project.

- New Metal Gear Trailer was impressive but unusual. Showed footage of Naomi Hunter being hunted by some unseen person, a weapons launderer with a pet monkey, and that soldier who is always having irratable bowel syndrome in the previous installments. Overall, the game still looks incredible and I can't wait to slip into Snakes boots. Should be reservable sometime relatively soon... I hope. I'm getting ancy.

- Silent Hill Origins for the PSP was surprisingly absent from the show floor. Konami would not release an explanation but I must admit, it has me a little bit worried. I really hope it doesn't get pushed back again. I am really hoping to be playing that through this holiday season.

- Square Enix announced 3 new Kingdom Hearts titles, none of which are Kingdom Hearts 3. Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep will be a single player adventure on the PSP that takes place before the events of the first game. The next title, Kingdom Hearts: 358/2, starring Roxas, will be a DS title that sports 4 player simultaneous play and will explain what happened while Sora was sleeping. Finally, Kingdom Hearts: Coded will be a mobile cell phone title which i'm sure most of you will never play.

On another note, I have been thinking a lot about my future dealings with the game industry, including this site and my career choices I will be making in the next few years. I know that all 3 of us here on this site, plan to be involved in the industry in some shape or form in the future and that has got me thinking about what I could do to really become more involved. I already work the retail aspect but what would be a good way for someone at my level to move forward in a way that will benefit me and this site? I have decided to do some research and hopefully plan a trip to Japan around this time next year in order to attend the Tokyo Game Show. I think that by attending the show, I would personally learn a lot and of course, it would make some great material for our podcast. Of course, I hope that David and Brad will be interested but we will see what happens. That's all I have today, i'll be back tommorrow with a new post and a new podcast. Peace!

One response to “More TGS Highlights and Random Thoughts - Nick”

Brad said...

MGS4 keeps getting bigger and bigger. I have a feeling this is going to be, by far, the largest and most ambitious MGS game. Maybe too big even for Kojima? For some reason I'm starting to worry some. I'm maybe overreacting.

Kingdom Hearts should die. I'm pissed at S/E for even focusing their efforts on this overrated series. They could be making Parasite Eve, Vagrant Story, or possibly a new Threads of Fate game.