11 September 2007

PSP Impressions

The day finally came and I got my PSP. The system has too many good games and I couldn't wait any longer. I picked up the 199 silver pack with Daxter and a used copy of Jeanne D'Arc. I already owned Metal Gear Acid 2, Lumines 2, and Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops, so I have plenty of stuff to play right away.

The system itself seemed surprisingly light at first. Once I got the battery and a game in though the PSP felt a nice weight. I would say it's about the same weight, if not a little lighter than the DS Lite. I'm not entirely fond of the silver, but I'll get over it. I'm very pleased with the interface and I love the way the system just suspends when you turn it off. I also like that I can press the home button at any time and see the time. The buttons all feel nice with my only real problem being that damn nub. I've only been playing Lumines and Jeanne so I have mostly been using the DPad, but I popped in Daxter for a bit and the nub felt odd. David, post a link where I can get that nub attachment.

Lumines is of course extremely addicting and Jeanne D'Arc is so far quite amazing. There is a ton of fully voiced anime cutscenes and there is a scene viewer available from the beginning. The last cutscene I watched gave me goosebumps. David, I would laugh if you got some crap like Luminous Arc instead of this. Look at the artwork on the inside of the case and you will be sold. I'm really enjoying this game so expect a more in depth impressions in the next few days.

So far it seems like the perfect compliment to the DS. I'm getting that overwhelming feeling that I haven't felt in awhile. I just have so many awesome games to play. Very happy with the purchase.

No response to “PSP Impressions”