18 September 2007

Nick's Pre-TGS Hopes and Dreams

1.) I'm excited to see where Final Fantasy XIII is going. I doubt that anything they show at TGS will shed a significant amount of light on the subject simply because last time I checked, Square-Enix was only around 10% done with the game. I am a little worried because the franchise is headed in the direction of futuristic, technological worlds which is something that i've usually avoided. I have loved the previous 3D FF's because of their classic, somewhat less modern worlds that you get to explore but im sure that Square-Enix knows what they are doing.

2.) Metal Gear Solid is finally playable! I can't wait to see what Kojima has in store for us this time. I've seen a lot of mixed reactions to the "Beauty and the Beast" team and frankly, I think it looks amazing. I can't help but feel like Kojima is once again, leading us to believe that you play the entire game in this war-zone like setting when the true game setting has yet to be revealed (a la Metal Gear Solid 2).

3.) Devil May Cry 4 will also be playable at TGS and I hope to see a new setting or new boss. I also hope that a release date will be finalized either at TGS or shortly thereafter.

4.) I agree with Brad completely on the subject of Team Ico. I think they are an incredible creative talent and that talent would be going to waste if they were to make a direct sequel to Shadow of the Colossus or Ico. I would hope to see another completely original game that might tie in very loosely to the previous titles like Shadow did in the end. But overall, I cant wait to see what they come up with next.

5.) I recently saw a gameplay clip of Silent Hill 5 and I think it would be cool to set some more details in stone at TGS but thats probably hoping for too much.

6.) I don't usually play games like this but the game entitled "No More Heroes" for the Wii looks promising. Im not sure if it's the trippy graphics (kind of reminds me of Killer 7) or the Anime influences but it looks pretty cool. Apparently we will see more of it at TGS.

7.) They might be shedding some new light on Resident Evil 5 which is always a show stopper. Can't wait.

8.) Last but not least, they should be showing off Dragon Quest IX for the DS. Im excited about it but I better find some time to restart DQ VIII and actually finish it.

Overall, this years TGS looks to be awesome and I can't wait to see what happens. I'll be back to give my full impressions of the show after it ends. How bout it David, what excites you about TGS this year?

Nick

No response to “Nick's Pre-TGS Hopes and Dreams”