15 September 2007

Weekend Update - OMFG Edition (Sad face update)

- LYN LYN LYN LYN LYN!!!!!!!!!!OMFG!!! DIBS!!!!

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/items/assist/assist07.html
Embarrassingly forgotten from my video game crushes list. Just wasn't thinking about Fire Emblem. But this is my favorite female from my favorite Fire Emblem game (Fire Emblem 7). I was happy about Ike but Lyn blows him out of the water. If I had my choice of any Fire Emblem character in SSBB it would have been Lyn or Hector. The cool thing is Lyn doesn't play like a Marth. She won't be a Marth clone so that's awesome. The axe wielding Hector would have been awesome too. And David. The Fire Emblem coming out for the Wii is Fire Emblem 10.


(edit) I jumped the gun. Just an assist character. Blah, I knew anything but a Marth palete swap would be too much for Nintendo.


- Some Japanese developer doing a Call of Duty – Anime Edition? Close, I'm in. http://www.gamebrink.com/forums/user-news/17080-canvas-scans.html


- Ikaruga and Rez for Xbox Live and a Bangai O port for the DS. Pretty cool that these rare hits are going to be readily available and for cheap too. It seems to have been a recent trend ever since the Valkyrie Profile port was announced for the PSP. Rare game collectors are probably pissed off nowadays.


- Link's Crossbow training? Gimme a break. Bastardizing the Zelda franchise to sale a piece of plastic. Why not just put Mario in Nba Street or SSX. Oh wait, they already did that.


- Vanillaware (Odin Sphere and Grim Grimoire) doing a Wii game. Sadly this is what I was worried about with the market lead of the Wii. It's a cool game for the Wii I suppose but after seeing what they did with graphics in Odin Sphere I would have loved to see what they could have done with a powerhouse like the PS3. This is a sign of bad things to come.


No response to “Weekend Update - OMFG Edition (Sad face update)”