03 March 2008

SFIV? What about KOFXII?

So I know there a lot of Street Fighter Fans out there and they're excited about the graphical changes being made but a little worried about the gameplay being messed with. Guilty Gear is a shadow of it's 2-d self. I don't think Arcana Heart and Melty Blood have the power to break into the mainstream American Market, so what else is there?

King of Fighters hasn't been one of my favorite fighting series. I always felt it stayed too much in the past and didn't make enough advances. They've decided to change the look completely, just like SFIV, but I think this is in a direction I'd much rather a 2-d game take. [HD Trailer]

Capcom is working on another 2-d fighter called Sengoku Basara X with Arc System Works (Guilty Gear). Arc is also working on another 2-d fighter called BlazBlue which hopefully will somewhat fill in the shoes of it's big brother. It seems like a big year for the fighter with everything coming out. Don't forget Tekken 6 and Soul Calibur IV to consoles.

**Side Note** - Arc is also working on a Wii game called Petit Copter which may be interesting, we'll see.

No response to “SFIV? What about KOFXII?”