27 March 2008

Lost Hope or Last Hope?

Last nights Wayback Wedneday started late but went off somewhat smoothly. After playing through Bust-A-Groove, Parappa tha Rappa, and Project Justice (Rival Schools 2). I searched through my Dreamcast collection and popped in Last Hope, a region free Japanese release. It's completely in English and can be played by just popping it into your system, no bootdisc or anything. When I first played it, I quickly dismissed it. There a problems with the games difficulty spawning from movement and control issues. Plus like all 2-d Shoot-em Ups theres the problem of having tons of crap flying at you at once and not being able to visually process everything. Another problem I had with the game is that there's just too much animation going on screen. Things move and visually impair you from seeing things that are inches from destroying you. I put the game on my shelf with no real determination to finish it.

For some reason, this time around I really got into the game. Maybe it was all the viewers "cheering" me on, but this time I got over the problems and focused on learning the pattern and subtleness of the game. It's still by no means a great game, but I suddenly have this urge to find out for myself. Look for me to fight to the end and discover the true meaning of hope.
Check out the official game page, at least just to listen to the music sampler that plays. It's easily the best part of the game and I haven't even heard it in game yet.

Thanks,
David

http://www.lasthope-dc.com/

No response to “Lost Hope or Last Hope?”