03 March 2008

Now That is an Ear Full

For those of you who don't know of the advantages of the Blu-Ray Disc, let me educate you real quick. A normal DVD contains approximately 8 or 9 GB of space. A blu-ray disc can store up to 50 GB of storage space and do High Definition. This is obviously an incredible difference so it might be quite a shock to learn that apparently, a blu-ray disc is too small for Metal Gear Solid 4 on PS3! Konami spilled the beans to Famitsu magazine the other day about what this means for the highly anticipated title. Apparently, the European and Stateside versions of the game will not include Japanese voice language option, a cut that was made to allow it all to fit on one disc. For David, this might be a big deal. For me.... not so much. I don't intend on playing a game in a language I can't speak so no harm done. It is still quite shocking given the amount of dialogue in previous entries in the series. The end of MGS2 had hours of cutscenes and dialogue but still fit comfortably on a single DVD. Now try to imagine how much dialogue it must take to overflow a blu-ray disc! For me this isn't a bad thing because I love story but I still have to say it.... HOLY SHIT.

-Nick

No response to “Now That is an Ear Full”