01 February 2008

This Week's Minutes

First off, so I guess we're in agreement that we will have Smash Balls turned off? The final smashes look like crap honestly. As Brad said some are way more useful than others, a few of them barely do damage at all (ie. Lucas & Ness, Peach). What's even worse is that some of them are even clones of each other (ie Sonic/Pikachu and The Star Fox Characters and Link/Toon Link). I found it especially funny that some characters even died after using theirs while others almost guaranteed a kill. I guess we should wait until we get playtime with the new smash, but it's looking pretty crappy. Famitsu gave it a perfect score, but I think that has to be out of respect for the series.

Secondly, so it looks like they're bringing Arcana Heart to the states. Apparently Atlus is publishing it. I was in Japan at Super Battle Opera to see the finals for this game. Too bad I imported it for 65 bucks. I'll probably buy this version too for the 30. [Arcana Heart Official Site]

Secondly, I'm all wrapped up in No More Heroes right now. At first I didn't like it too much, but now I'm itching to play it. I love the assassins and all the personalities they have. SUDA-51 and his team always come up with some weird and lovable characters. I hopefully will have it finished by the show tomorrow and will get a review up soon.

I should have some Smash Bros. Brawl impressions up tonight or tomorrow, if not, I'll talk about it on the show.

Four is my lucky number,
David

One response to “This Week's Minutes”

Brad said...

40/40 isn't based on final smashes. The game content packed in this one package is on the level of Halo 3 or Orange Box.

Arcana Heart is not a surprise. This is a re-confirmation.