11 February 2008

An Official Change

David always seemed concerned about making a 'Top 10 Favorite Games of All Time' list because he didn't want to be tied down to any choices he made. I assured him that if the time came and he needed to make changes to his list, no one would mind.

I hope I was right because I'm making an official amendment to my Top 10 list. After popping in the Orange Box the other day and re-playing its various games for a bit I came to a realization just how great a game and just how much I love the Half Life 2 series.

I've previously considered the games separate, but it really is one complete story. The story is not yet finished but I am confident in the games in their current form even though incomplete. The games simply have some of the best story, characters, and game mechanics I have ever seen in a video game. Half Life 2 was always ahead of its time on PC and as a console series it is a part of the current generation.

So... I'm bumping Resident Evil 4 off my top 10 list and giving its spot to Half Life 2 and the Episodes. My Top 10 now looks like this:

1. Final Fantasy Tactics
2. The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
3. Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
4. Tekken Tag Tournament
5. Metal Gear Solid
6. Final Fantasy VI
7. Super Mario World
8. Diablo 2
9. Half Life 2 and Episodes
10. Advance Wars

It didn't make my list last year because I hadn't played Episodes 1 and 2 yet. Episode 2 might have been my number 1 game of last year but it was edged out by Portal. As a complete package though... HL2 made it in to my top 10.

And I won't be surprised if Half Life 2: Episode 3 bumps this game into my top 3. I love you Valve.. but hurry your ass up.


-Brad

No response to “An Official Change”