20 February 2008

Nick's Industry Spotlight # 2 (2/20/2008)

So i'm a little sick but the show must go on. Here is what has caught my eye in the industry lately.

1.) Today, Microsoft announced Gears of War 2 exclusively for the Xbox360. The game is slated for a November 2008 release which is probably gonna kick into high gear so they can have it out in time to compete with Resistance 2 for the PS3. Below is the teaser trailer:



2.) Got my hands on the March issue of Game Informer magazine and was actually quite impressed with the article on Aliens: Colonial Marines. The game looks very polished for an early build and will hopefully capture the same feel as the movies. This is a franchise that I have been waiting to be revitalized since Alien Ressurection. I won't go into much detail now being that it is still very far off (early 2009) but I just wanted to mention it.

3.) Same issue of GI introduced the new Red Faction, titled Red Faction: Guerilla. It may just be me but the game looks terrible for a next gen shooter. I'm sure it will start to look up but I personally think, it was way to early for THQ to be showing that particular game. We will see though.

4.) A bunch of Too Human gameplay videos have hit the web and actual look pretty impressive. I wasn't very excited about this game until now. The game seems very focused on "devil may cry" or "god of war" style action which seems pretty cool. Ill keep everyone updated.

Thats it for now, i'm off to finish Turok today and hopefully get a bit further in No More Heroes.

Peace!

-Nick

No response to “Nick's Industry Spotlight # 2 (2/20/2008)”