10 February 2008

Holy Hell

Seems every time I think about posting, I am 100 posts behind.

Picked up Devil May Cry today. Caught my attention for a little while. There are no obvious flaws in the game, other than you only use one button to do combos, but it feels like something is missing.
I don't know if it is just that the game isn't fluid, and that might just be because I have been playing Ninja Gaiden lately, or if the story isn't real (as an actual one) enough for me.
The gameplay is fun, I thoroughly enjoy the fighting system, Most of the time you feel like a complete bad ass, that last 15% you feel like a god.
I have only finished the first two missions, and have decided that my favorite part of the game is the boss battles. They could easily be the most annoying battles in the world (and i am comparing to ninja gaiden) but that little grabber you get makes the battle.
I'll talk about it more if I get invited to another show.

I'll be picking up Lost Oddesey Wednesday, which is great, I haven't heard much about this game. But I have been dying for a good eastern RPG for the 360. Both fingers crossed on this one.

So I have bought all 3 next-gen systems now.... and the game that is taking up most of my time nowadays is the infamous Gunbound by Softnyx.
I am addicted yet again.
I would love if (assuming there are any) some fans would want to download the game, free by the way, and just play for awhile. This game is a lot like Worms but... different. You have an avatar which is very plain when you start off. this avatar has a choice of "riding" 16 different bots (which includes two random ones). All these bots are different types, such as Machine or Creature. All these creatures also have different powers, and 3 powers divided among them. shot 1, shot 2 and SS, or supershot. You can kill an enemy two different ways, taking out all their HP, or by bunging them which is the term for destroying the land beneath an enemy and them falling to their death.
Fighting is done by measuring how much power you should use in your shot and what angle you should shoot it off. Making the game a game of guesstimating where you are going to land. If you play long enough though, you tend to get a feel of where your shot is going to land pretty quickly.
Great game which is ridiculously addictive for such a simple game.

HOpe to be able to be on the show soon! Yall have a good night.
Looking forward to live podcasting!!!


-Travis

No response to “Holy Hell”