05 February 2008

Brad's Weekly TV Guide

Ok, not just TV... but whatever, it's what I've been watching.


TV:
The Wire Season 5 - This is easily the greatest show on television right now and sadly it will be ending at the end of this season. I've seen 7 episodes so far (3 left) and things are getting crazy. People are dead... and I have a feeling more are gonna die. The newsroom storyline this season is definitely interesting and some of the laughs involving McNulty's crazy plan have been great.

Curb Your Enthusiasm Season 6(?) - My roommate owns this and I started watching it the other day. I seriously forgot how funny this show was. Funny stuff... Go rent season 1 since I know most of you haven't even seen an episode.


Anime:
Samurai Champloo - Finished this up last week. Absolutely awesome. I love the style and music of this anime. It just works. The characters are great and the show has a tight story progression much like Shinichiro Wantanabe's other series, and my personal fave, Cowboy Bebop.

Full Metal Panic Fumoffu - This anime takes the funny Chidori/Sagara moments from the main series and removes the rest of the serious storyline. The show has some of the funniest moments I've ever seen in any anime period. The show is only 13 episodes, but the episodes are split up into two different mini-episodes. Kind of like Arthur on PBS or something. My god, I nearly die of laughter every time Sagara gets into that damn Fumoffu suit. I'm a little over half way done with the series.

The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi - Recently finished and absolutely genius. This show doesn't need another season, but the second is coming soon.


Movies:
Once - An Irish movie about two people and their music. A simple story, but very romantic and mature. The music in the movie was great, and these two actors not only started dating after they shot the movie, but they also tour together as their musical act from the movie. Check it out if you like music or a good romantic movie.

The Namesake, The Lives of Others, The King of Kong(again) - Will watch later this week.

There Will Be Blood - In theaters and I will see it soon. Daniel Day Lewis is to acting as Miyamoto is to game design. My god I can't wait to see this.



-Brad

No response to “Brad's Weekly TV Guide”