13 November 2007

Some Monday Thoughts and Update.

- Well. My fears about Assassin's Creed have been somewhat realized. 1up (a group of people I respect) gave the game a 7.0 out of 10. After reading the review it definitely seems like issues that could have been prevented with more time. Graphical glitches, repetitiveness, a somewhat unfinished story, and a ton of AI issues. I knew Ubi would fuck this up... So much potential. Luckily... I'm still excited about the game. It got good reviews elsewhere and the concept still looks pretty brilliant. Btw... all that free running looks nice but it's all pretty much done automatically.

- Mass Effect has me worried a little bit as well. As you know the street date was broken a few days ago and K-Marts everywhere have been selling the game. Of course all the K-Marts in my city have been shut down so FU world. Nothing has been too negative about this game, in fact some sources have been extremely positive. I believe the reviewer from OXM said something crazy like "the greatest game he has ever played." It was very very positive. What worries me is the games length. This isn't a long game. Well not RPG long at least. A gamer set on beating the game for story and not set on exploring (which is a large part of the game) can beat the game in about 15 hours. This sucks... sort of. Realistically I see myself getting about 25-30 hours out of this game. Luckily I know Bioware will deliver on the story and lesbian sex scenes.

- I beat Half Life 2: Episode 2 and something happened that I was not expecting at all. It hit me fast and it hit me quick. I've been so overwhelmed with so much to play lately but when I saw the credits roll I became quite sad. I was wanting to play nothing in the world but Half Life 2: Episode 3. This is now my most anticipated game and I'm going to go crazy waiting for it to come out. I just played hours and hours of Half Life and I want much much more. God I love this series. David... you must play this game.

- I don't know if you guys picked it up yet. But if you buy Mario Galaxy from Toys R Us you get a free $25 gift card. You can't beat that.

No response to “Some Monday Thoughts and Update.”