30 November 2007

Living Under A Rock

I can't believe I missed this story. I've really been neglecting my game duties. First off, I cannot believe Jeff Gerstmann was let go. I heard today that they let go of some reviewer, but I had no idea it would be Jeff Gerstmann. Secondly, while I'm not as fired up as Bradford is but I think if the rumors are true about him being let go because of his Kane & Lynch review, then video game journalism is going down the toilet. GameStop already lost Greg Kasavin and Bob Colayco to better job opportunities. And now to dismiss Gerstmann, they're lost all the credibility they had.

I don't know what to say except that it sucks, but I'm sure Gerstmann will be able to bounce back. With his credentials and experience I'm sure there are plenty of openings for him. Hell, there's an open spot here at EvW [WorkingTitle].

Kudos to Gerstmann for doing the right thing. Let him be an inspiration for us all.
A fan,
David

No response to “Living Under A Rock”