06 November 2007

Quick Update

- I can't stop playing Final Fantasy Tactics. I'm over 40 hours in and recently got Balthier. The man is a beast. I've been surprised by this version so quite a bit. That lag issue I was bitching about before is seriously a non issue now. People overreacted about it and I nearly forgot it was there a few battles into the game. The game really shines in it's new script. Not only that but they added all these new scenes and battles that really helps fill in the story. You get these intimate scenes and missions with just Delita and Ovelia and it helps the player understand their bond and the inevitable tragedy in a way the ps1 version never was able to. I truly love this game and consider it a better version than its PS1 release. My favorite game of all time has actually gotten better.

- I'm about a third or half of way through Half Life 2: Episode 2 and this series (HL2 collection) is becoming one of my favorite games ever. I've recently experienced something playing this game that I haven't felt since early ps1 days. I can't explain more because I don't want to give anything a way. But the pacing of this series and the way it builds up and really hits the player hard is amazing.

- I bought Call of Duty 3 and 4 for a total of about 6 dollars today. I got a pretty amazing deal last weekend as well on few games for about 8 bucks each. Without going into to much detail, let me just say that this site never lets me down. Expect me online on COD4 too.

- I'm playing so many great games this season that I've actually temporarily stopped playing series like Zelda and Castlevania. More is to come and I'm becoming a little overwhelmed. I am feeling a little like I did back in the day when I didn't play Mario 64 when it first came out. Although I'm kind of glad I don't have a Wii or PS3 right now. This might be the best gaming year since 1998.

No response to “Quick Update”