15 November 2007

Left Behind

It looks like I'm the one lagging behind this week. So here's a little house cleaning.

I started Super Mario Galaxy. So far it's very Mario and very polished. The camera takes getting used to. And the soundtrack is surprisingly epic. So far it's very good, but the weak story may be the only thing hold it back from becoming one of my favorites.

Ontamarama and Contra 4 both came out for the DS. It makes me really wish I still had mine. Contra 4 got an 8.0 from IGN which is surprising. I thought they were going to have huge camera issues with the dead space in between the screens. Ontamarama I'm excited about because it's a music game for the DS. The last time I tried out a DS music game, I added Ouendan to my Top 20.

I had a slight craving to play a PSP. I wanted to play a little Gunpey, but the feeling quickly vanished. At this rate I'll probably pick up the PSP Slim when Patapon comes out.

I'm looking into getting a Wii Hori Arcade Stick. It's just coming out and I'm curious as to how well it works. It's semi-wireless because it's just a shell and plugs into the Wii Remote. Also I know that it works on games supported by the Classic Controller, but I really want to know if it works on GameCube games. I'm got my copies of Ikaruga and Soul Calibur II just itching to be played with a good arcade stick.

Need for Speed Pro Street came out this week. It's out for PS3 but delayed a few days for the XB360 version. Congratulations Sony for finally getting a game out on their system before Microsoft. Too bad no one cares about it. Remember when Need For Speed was a title that people got excited about and waited around in line for? Boy did EA run that franchise into the ground. My Prediction, in four years, is that Guitar Hero will suffer same fate as NFS and another Activision published game involving licensed music and extreme sports.

The Check Mii Out channel will be over looked but for the target it's aiming for, it's dead on and another great fit for the Wii.

I heard there's a DS remake in the works with a bigger screen and no GBA slot. It's intriguing since I just lost my DS, but damn "do I really want"/"should I have to" to buy another upgrade. I'm just terrified of a Nintendo Wii remake.


Well that's about it.
David

No response to “Left Behind”