30 July 2007

RPG Clean-Up

I own over 30 role playing games that have been started and not finished. Many of these games are near completion and most have been played a fair amount. I don't exactly know why it is I find myself constantly stopping most of these games, but I do love the genre. In a lot of RPGs I get to that point in the game when you have that option of exploring for sidequests or heading towards the events that set in motion the final act of the game. It might be some sort of attachment issue and me not wanting it to end. Or it could be crappy pacing. Who knows...

Either way, my goal with this project is to clean up the mess I have created with my collection. It's going to take a long time, but I plan to keep everyone posted with my current game and progress in it. I have narrowed my first play down to a couple of choices so expect a post when I get started.

I do need help though. I'm currently fighting the growing urge to pick up Persona 3. Maybe Nick or David could help me in this process by setting a similar goal for their own collection. Let's be the cleanest gamers on the net.

One response to “RPG Clean-Up”

Nick said...

Thats a damn good idea. It will be difficult to accomplish simply because there are so many games coming out that it will be hard to find the time to play and through and finish old games that I never beat. However, for ever new game that I play, I intend to play through a game that I have owned and never beaten. So essentially, I will always be playing two games. My first two will be of course: Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition and I will play though and beat Halo 2 (yes i know its sad that I never finished it). I hope David decides to try something similar. Ill keep ya posted.