09 July 2007

A Changed Man

Ok this is going to be kind of quick. To make a long story short, I finally had a chance to sit down and start both games that David gave me for my birthday as part of our "eye for an eye" section. I popped in Katamari Damacy and played it for awhile and believe it or not.... I really like it a lot. I find if to be incredibly weird but also very fun and fresh. I dont normally play games like this but it definately is a nice change of pace. I actually had a friend with me when I started and he is the kind of gamer who doesnt really play games that much but usually relies on me as his source for new games. Well, at first he found the game to be shockingly weird but after 15 minutes of playing, he said he thought it was a lot of fun. It is definately one of the most colorful additions to my collection (with one of the best cover arts i've seen) and it is definately one that I intend to finish and perhaps even pick up the sequel or its psp or wii iterations in the future.

Also, I popped in Pheonix Wright: Ace Attorney on the DS and managed to complete the first chapter. I never thought a game where you sit in a court room could be fun but it definately pulls it off. I agree with David about the difficulty though. It has a habit of not really giving you a sufficient amount of info which makes it kind of difficult to figure out which evidence to present. But the premise is really cool and the anime style character interactions and stories are great so far. I definately have something to do on my plane trip on wednesday!

So there you have it, I have tried and actually enjoyed two games that I thought I would never even consider playing. They have actually opened my eyes to new genres of gaming and helped me understand David's weird obsession with kooky japanese games. I can definately see myself turning to this genre again in the future when I need a break from adventure and horror titles. Dont worry Brad, I intend to download Symphony of the Night when I get back from Vacation next week. Later ya'll!

No response to “A Changed Man”