12 July 2007

Best E3 Ever?

Alright everyone, I have been somewhat disappointed in this years game lineup. There have only been a handful of games that really caught my attention this year such as Bioshock, Grand Theft Auto 4, Blue Dragon, and Odin Sphere. But there hasnt been anything that is really amazing that I have been waiting for. Now that E3 has started, I must say that I have never seen so many great announcements and videos that have made me so excited. I think that it is safe to say that 2008 will easily make up for the what 2007 lacked. There are a few announcements as well about late 2007 that I would like to mention and im sure many of you have also been waiting for as well. So here is a list of the this year's biggest highlights thus far. Keep in mind, the show isn't even over yet! So here we go.

1.) New Resident Evil 5 Trailer: After months of nothing. No news, no details, nothing. Capcom has released its new fangled teaser trailer for its highly anticipated Resident Evil sequel. Ever since the first teaser was released, there have been so many questions such as: Is this a direct sequel to Resident Evil 4? What kind of setting will it take place in? Is that Chris Redfield we are seeing? Has the game been scrapped? And while this new trailer doesnt answer all those questions, it certainly sheds a tremendous amount of light on the mysterious title and I dont feel left in the dark. I will talk about the trailer in detail in our next podcast.

2.) Super Mario Galaxy Release Date and Details: So Nintendo finally hit us with the information we have been anxiously awaiting. Super Mario Galaxy will be released on November 12, 2007. Nintendo also revealed several new gameplay elements to be excited about. Galaxy will actually return to its 3D routes by more closely resembling super mario 64 than sunshine did. While most previous footage has been of Mario blasting from tiny planet to tiny planet, you will also be able to enter each 3D world, much like the paintings in Mario 64. O yeah, and can you say Bumble Bee Mario? (ill go more into detail on a future podcast)

3.) Metal Gear Solid 4: Will be a PS3 exclusive!!!! Thank the gods! Konami announced that the game would hit store shelves in March of 2008 and also revealed the latest ENGLISH trailer in which we witness the many different characters from previous games including an amazing battle between Raiden, the new ninja, and Vamp. Check out the new trailer at gametrailers.com.

4.) Silent HIll 5 Announced: This is hands down, the best news of this E3. I have been craving a new, next gen silent hill since I finished Silent Hill 4 and my wish has been granted. The title will involve an all new character, Alex Shepherd who is in search of his missing brother after his return home from an overseas war. His travels lead him to a town called Shepherd's Glen and will eventually lead to the creepy town of Silent Hill.

Alright, since this post is already getting a bit long, I will do a follow up post after E3 is finished where I point out the remaining news highlights that caught my eye this year. I think this will be the best year for gaming in the past decade, and I hope everyone agrees. Peace!

No response to “Best E3 Ever?”