14 June 2007

Web Gamers Update 1

Hey everyone, Nick here. I've really admired some of the things that both David and Brad have contributed to this little operation of ours. David's cover art comparison comes to mind as well as the many sections that they came up with for the podcast such as the shameful secrets and japanese spotlight sections. So for the past few days, I have been trying to come up with some cool ideas of my own. First off, consider this my first update for a section I plan to title "Web Gamers". Basically, I intend to locate an interesting website that is created by fans that is unique or just really well done and post it on the blog. A friend and coworker of mine helped me come up with this idea by telling me about this website I am going to mention today. So here goes nothing.....


In the spirit of our last podcast, todays website is a fan made, unoffical card game based on Fatal Frame: Crimson Butterfly which was released on Playstation 2 and Xbox several years back. I wanted to post this because it is a great example of the sheer devotion that gamers can have to their favorite game titles. This proves that even after you have completed a game, the experience doesn't necessarily have to end there. The website is very well organized, easy on the eyes and explains the rules of the game as well as offers the pdf files where you can print out the cards yourself. It is a creative idea that is executed well in my opinion. If anyone would like to check it out, the link can be found below. Check back in about 2 weeks and I will be posting my second update.

http://www.fourhman.com/fatalframe/

No response to “Web Gamers Update 1”