10 June 2007

Damn You David

You should have told me!

I was listening to the podcast 'Retronauts' the other day (here: http://www.1up.com/do/feature?cId=3156908). It's a podcast on the 1up network where they discuss older games. At first I thought it would only focus only really old Atari crap or something or other, but then I looked at show descriptions. Apparently I'm older than I thought because a lot of the games they discuss are games I grew up playing. Anyways, I was listening to a dedicated Mega Man episode and heard several of them throwing praise toward the early part of the Battle Network series. I've had Battle Network 2 for almost a year but never tried it because I told myself to wait and get the 1st one. After listening, I decided to try it out.

Damn you David. Dude the game is friggen awesome... David knows how much I love card collecting/deck building type games. (my first child will be named PhantomDust) I had no idea this was a central part of the game. He had played the series in the past and never mentioned this element of the game to me. *shakes fist*

Not only is the game "deck build" based, but the real time combat is awesome. I'm not very far yet but I already love this game. Just wish I had tried it earlier.


PS The episode on Castlevania is awesome.

No response to “Damn You David”