26 June 2007

"My Halo"

Hey everyone, this week I have finally discovered something that I have been in search of for a long time. First let me say this because many of you might cut me down after reading this. So let me just say that I really enjoy Halo. I think that it is an all around solid game that is a ton of fun at party's or playing online. However, if I play Halo or Halo 2 for more than an hour online, I simply get bored. It has been this way since the release of the xbox original. If you have listened to our podcast, then you already know that for the most part, we believe that the Halo franchise is generally overrated. Personally I think the game is fun but lacks certain qualities that could make it a GREAT game. The only online shooters that I have found to be worthy of truly high praise have been the original Socom for the ps2 and Counter Strike. I understand that this is an opinion and I really do respect the opinion of all the Halo fans out there. But this week I tried something new and I have found the online game that I believe will be dubbed "my halo".

A few of the guys from the store decided to pick up "Rainbow Six Vegas" for Xbox 360 and start playing online. Well to make a long story short, we all have become extremely addicted in a short period of time. I think that several factors contribute to this view point. The main point to be made is that Rainbow Six Vegas has one very special feature that Halo does not. Rainbow Six has a strong emphasis on strategy and being tactical. Some might say that Halo has this component as well but lets be honest... Halo is not a game of tactics. Not only is the online versus incredibly addicting, it's co-op play is much more satisfying than anything that I ever experienced playing halo 2 co-op. There are plenty of modes to choose from that are all a ton of fun, my favorite being co-op terrorist hunt in which you and your buddies pull together to eliminate every terrorist on the chosen map. Anyways, I hope that you xbox 360 owners can give Master Chief a break and give Vegas a shot because I think many of you will find the same thing that I have, an incredibly addicting, tactical, and all around fun online game that knocks the online gameplay out of the park.

Peace!

No response to “"My Halo"”