13 June 2007

Finally a reason to get a PS3! Right?

Don't screw this up Namco. This is important.

Found out today they will be adding online play to Tekken 5 Dark Ressurection on the PS3. Namco has stated several times in the past that they won't take this series online because of potential lag issues messing up gameplay. They seemed dedicated to waiting until they can have lag free play before they put it online.

So this means 1 of 2 things:
1) Namco has done it. They have found a way to finally provide perfect online play and I will now purchase a PS3 upon release of this game.
or
2) Namco doesn't care about their previous statement any more. This could be for a multitude of reasons. Maybe the merger with Bandai? Look what a merger has done to Square. Maybe they lost their edge? Soul Calibur 3 is generally considered a failure according to most of the competitive community. Maybe since T5: DR is just a test run for online play and they will fine tune it for Tekken 6. Lag might be tollerable in this case. It is a download game after all.

Bottom line is that if this game does have lag free play, I will happily throw down however much a PS3 costs at the time the game comes out.

A word of warning though. If this does work out like I hope, I may not be playing many other games for a long time.

2 Responses to “Finally a reason to get a PS3! Right?”

Nick said...

First off, very intriguing post. However, I wonder what you were suggesting by the comment about Square. Does this mean that you think Square's merger was a bad thing? If so, I would love to hear why you think that. Also, I just wanted to say that im happy to see that another one of us will have a PS3 but I hope that you continue to play a variety of games once Tekken 5 comes out. Anyways, great post! Peace.

Brad said...

Great question. I'll discuss my feelings about the Square/Enix merger next podcast.