06 December 2007

Ubisoft, I Have Faith

A couple podcasts ago, David and I discussed my feelings about Assassin' Creed. One thing that I mentioned was a bizarre glitch that basically froze Altair in mid air after playing the game for a couple of minutes. The weird thing was that after resetting the game, I could play for hours on end without any more interruptions. This has really bothered me recently because I hate the idea of having to mess around until the game freezes and then reboot so I can play for real. That just sounds lame doesn't it. Being that I am writing my full review right now, I feel pressured to dock some major points for this glitch. Fortunately however, Ubisoft is currently working on the problem. After only matter of seconds online tonight, I discovered that many people have had this same problem with the PS3 version of the game and some think it has to do with the latest firmware update 2.0.1. However, I didn't have this firmware when the problem started. Luckily Ubisoft is working on a downloadable patch as we speak that will fix this annoying problem sometime soon. I must say that I loved this game and it would be a shame to see one of this years brightest gems in gaming, flop because of a stupid glitch. Knowing that they are working on the problem makes me feel loads better and I can't wait to be able to download the patch and move on with my life. Ubisoft, I have faith.

-Nick

P.S.- Jade Raymond, I don't blame you. Your magnificence could never betray us.

No response to “Ubisoft, I Have Faith”