09 December 2007

Gift Giving Guide

I'm a little late with this post, but I couldn't remember the password to our flickr account, But finally here it is.

So, my birthday was a few weeks ago and Brad sent me a gift through the mail. It was taking a while so I was getting worried that I gave him the wrong address or that someone took it. Turned out to be a different problem.

[Brad makes me feel special]

So I thought I'd make it help people out not only for buying gifts for me, but for others as well. And of course these are just personal opinions so take them however you like.

For me personally, I like getting gifts that I wouldn't get myself. Everything I really want I've gotten myself, but that doesn't mean there aren't things that I want but just choose not to spend the money on. I find those to be the best gifts because they end up being surprises. I wrote them off as not being possible to get and all of a sudden I'm surprised with them. I've been told and I'd like to think that I'm a pretty good gift giver. I think this has to do with just me listening to people talk, being willing to somethings a little crazy, and a little creativity. I really hope people don't think that money is all gift giving is about.

For example, a few years back, I really wanted an N64 rumble pack. I didn't buy Star Fox 64 or Donkey Kong 64, so I didn't get one of the free ones packed in. It retailed at 24.99 and I just could not warrant that kind of money for just a little rumble add on. For that years' birthday my friends chipped in for N64 games and even a Dreamcast, but my favorite gift was the rumble pack because it was so sudden and unexpected. I'll never forget the gift or the person who gave it to me because they paid that much attention to what I had said during the course of the school year.

With that said, Happy Gift Giving.
David

Oh yeah, by the way, Thanks Brad

One response to “Gift Giving Guide”

Brad said...

I wanted to get you an R4 or the DJ Portable Max games, but you kept losing your damn handhelds. You better use that towards your PSP or something.