22 August 2007

Nicks Random Thoughts

Sorry its been awhile. I have been busy moving and going out of town and such but now that I am settled in, I am free to begin posting again. So here are a few random thoughts from my end of the spectrum:

1.) Been playing Bioshock most of today - - - WOW... I think this game is already on my "Top 10 of All Time"! Simply incredible...

2.) This must be the year of the action adventure because my list of games on reserve has very few RPGS or platformers. I am looking forward the most to games like Lair, Heavenly Sword, Devil May Cry 4, and Prototype.

3.) Im actually a bit pumped for the new Bourne game after seeing the Bourne Ultimatum which completely rocked my socks off. The new title is titled "The Bourne Conspiracy" and will be hitting the 360 and PS3 consoles next year.

4.) Im very scared about Blue Dragon which looks amazing but it getting very mediocre reviews across the board..... Im still buying it but it just has me worried.

5.) To Brad: I understand the skepticism about Heavenly Sword but the one review I have read so far has given it a perfect 10. The only complaint they had was the length. You hit the nail on the head. It can be beaten in about 8 to 10 hours which is actually just right by my standards. I don't have time to spend too much time on a single hack n' slash game like that. However I think it will be good. Ill let you know once I have finished it.

6.) Can Call of Duty 4 really change my perception of war games? It looks amazing so I went ahead and reserved it. There is finally a new Call of Duty that isnt WWII!

7.) I started the Halo 2 storyline so that I can be ready for Halo 3... sorry guys, its boring. I am still gonna finish it and play the third story but the there is just something missing that would usually keep it interesting to me. There are much better action adventures out there.... storywise.... Finding a multiplayer experience is definately a bit harder but it is far from impossible.

Well thats it for my for now. Ill be posting again soon along with my full review Resident Evil 4 Wii edition as well Ico if I can find the time. Later.

One response to “Nicks Random Thoughts”

Brad said...

I was planning on doing the exact same thing with before I play Halo 3. I'm worried it might kill the excitement though.

Heavenly Sword just looks like a half ass attempt at a next-gen God of War. And God of War was already a poor mans DMC/NG in terms of combat. We will see I guess. I haven't lost hope completely though because that demo was a very old build I found out.

OMFG OMFG OMFG! Head over to Kotaku to check the new MGS4 trailer from Leipzig. OMFG OMFG OMFG Poor Snake has too much shit to deal with in this game.