29 August 2007

I Fear Not The Red Rings

I've come to accept the truth. All things must die. I'd like to think that things will last forever and that I'll eternally be happy, but I know it's not possible. One day my body will give out and I will not longer be able to do the things I want to do. I won't be able to listen to music, watch DVDs or download on the internet. I won't even be able to play video games. While I haven't played many Xbox 360 games, I have enjoyed my time with the ones I've experienced. I played through the launch title Kameo. I dabbled with Ridge Racer 6 and Perfect Dark and enjoyed long sessions of Geometry Wars. I even found myself playing the two Dead or Alive titles at one time. The online experiences were fun and I'll never forget my time spent playing Rainbow Six: Vegas and Gears of War. Although I wasn't able to play the Japanese Imports Idolm@ster and Every Party, I was able to experience Japanese games brought over here in the form of War Tech: Senko no Ronde and Earth Defense Force. Recently I've been going back and revisiting some older titles like Lost Planet and some people came over to play the newer titles BioShock. The future looks good as well. Rock Band will finally let me have a wireless Guitar so I can play it and my copy of Guitar Hero II. Blue Dragon comes out today and Halo 3 and Mass Effect are just around the corner. Looking back on my life, I have no regrets. I've done what I could with what I had. I've enjoyed the my life from the day I was born November 22. Each time I wake up, I expect to see red lights and it's a miracle I've lasted this long. I know it's only a matter of time before it's over, but no one knows when it will be. I'll live my life out to its fullest because I no longer fear the red rings.

08.29.2007
David's Xbox 360

No response to “I Fear Not The Red Rings”